A Glimpse of Luminare
Draw in the arresting charm of the morning sunlight or the sunset in the evening for your wedding. A venue that would not just captivate your guests but a picture-perfect memory to remember.
Luminare has extensive decks completed with cocooning outdoor furniture that spool the building. Four-meter floor-to-ceiling glass windows flush the space with plenty of natural light.
Indeed, it is an impressive rooftop function venue looking over Melbourne’s city skyline. Luminare is full of natural light during the day and glittering city lights by night. The most gorgeous and exciting urban rooftop location available for your wedding day.
Complete Address: Cnr Browns Lane & York Street, South Melbourne VIC 3205
Contact Number: +61 3 8416 9700
Opening Hours: Mon-Fri: 6 pm – 1 am, Sat and Sun: 7 am – 1 am
Email: [email protected]
As a seasoned wedding photographer in Melbourne, there are remarkable highlights that I can attest to in celebrating wedding events in Luminare. These elements will provide more reasons for choosing Luminare as your wedding venue.
- Unbeatable Location
Located on the fringe of the city, high on a rooftop, with sweeping views of both Port Phillip Bay to the south and the sparkling Melbourne city skyline to the north, the location is so far unbeatable.
- Iconic and Elegant Vibe
Luminare has various spots around the venue for your wedding portraits. The iconic floor-to-ceiling glass windows on the Rooftop, connecting to a large outdoor deck, give off much of that elegant vibe. The venue encapsulates all the little details, big moments, and everything in between on your wedding day.
- Aesthetic and Accommodating Event Place
The industrial look of Luminare makes a more chic and refined finish, giving a wide range of options for the theme chosen by the couple. A color palette across the hard and soft furnishings, wall and floor treatments, and accouterments embrace charcoal, grey, black, ocean blue, Carrera marble, and brass. Setting off a black canvas vibe that could adjust to the client’s preferences.
- All-in Wedding Inclusion
Luminare can accommodate all sizes of wedding events. It can exclusively host 500 guests cocktail style and a maximum of 250 guests for dinner. Moreover, it is ideal in sight and the overall inclusions. You can taste the quality of the food, feel it in the service, and experience it in the wow-factor wedding.
They can work with you to create something personal and ensure that everything is full of details you and your guests will love. Seasonal menus or cultural catering options are available. You can also go for flexible room configurations, lighting, and audiovisual equipment.
Pricing and Packages
Generally, the details below are on offer throughout the year in Luminare.
- Plated or shared – begins at $190.00 per person
- Plated – Includes three appetizers on arrival, plated entrée, alternating main, an option between one plated dessert or three mini roaming desserts, and a 5-hour beverage deal.
- Shared – Inclusive of two appetizers on arrival, three shared main dishes, two shared entrées, two side dishes, two mini roaming desserts, and a 5-hour beverage package.
- 5-hour Cocktail Package – $154.00 per person, fourteen items per person, and a 5-hour beverage package. (2-hour, 3-hour, and 4-hour cocktail packages available)
- This famous venue includes six round white marble champagne bar tables, bar stools, and lounge furniture set with gold drum coffee tables.
- In addition, the City Balcony includes outdoor furniture, decor, and black-market umbrellas. Plus, the glass votives with tea light candles and lamps
- You must consider other notable features in checking this venue. Luminare has two outside areas. The Sky Deck and City Deck, an extra venue hire, are suitable for pre-dinner drinks and are famous for wedding ceremonies. Also, cloakroom facilities with security guards and attendants for the period of the event are inclusive of the venue hire fee.
- Undercover car parking facilities are also within reach in the Spotlight Centre Car Park on level 2 from 6:00 p.m. on weekdays and all day during weekends. The car parking is accessible by the route of York Street.
Reviews and Feedback
According to Google Reviews, Luminare has a rating of 4.5 stars. Here’s what their clients say.
Sash Ilievski: Apart from great food & service, the balcony at sunset is a Wedding Photographer’s dream…. a stunning venue!! – Sash // Collections Photography
ICON PHOTOGRAPHY MELBOURNE: Luminare has a modern, sophisticated atmosphere and with city views as a backdrop, makes a stunning setting to photograph weddings!
Teana K: I went to a wedding here, staff, service, the outsourced suppliers and the food were outstanding. The venue had amazing rooftop views. Luminare sits amidst the cosmopolitan skyline. Luminare’s high style and expansive modern rooftop deck offer Melbournian guests an exclusive intimate experience, while only a heartbeat from the city centre. There is onsite parking, you’ll need a venue-supplied parking voucher to qualify for the discount.
Luminare is famous as a paradise for wedding photography. It is one of the best locations to have the stunning sunset wedding photos in Melbourne. Several wedding photographers also love to take pictures during the night. They are dedicated to having some creative wedding photography work with the ecstatic Melbourne City lighting.
Moreover, there are famous spots around the venue for wedding portraits that would take a little of your big day to get your photos taken halfway across the country. South Melbourne has so many alluring heritage homes, shopfronts, and unique gardens within a short walk from Luminare.
We Would Love to Partner with You
If you have questions or concerns in planning a wedding at the Luminare, message us so we can give some helpful insights.